You know that you can send photos on WhatsApp to any of your friends or a contact. People share their photos to keep in touch with no additional charges. But sometimes, it also happens that you receive unimportant images that are of no use to you, and it takes a lot of your phone storage, or your phone storage is running low, and you want to avoid downloading bulk photos. And you might have wondered if there is any hack that can help you get rid of this. In such cases, you wish for a feature that stops WhatsApp from saving photos automatically.
So, if you were facing such a problem and came here to resolve this issue, then we assure you that after reading this article, you will come to know how to stop WhatsApp from saving photos.
WhatsApp is a messenger app that you can download free from the Play Store. This app requires the internet to deliver photos or any content. WhatsApp can automatically download and save photos of whoever sends you, but there is also a very important option available in WhatsApp that you are concerned to know.
By reading the above steps, it will be easy for both Android and iPhone users who are using original or GB Whatsapp APK, how to get rid of unwanted images and videos on their devices.
TO STOP WHATSAPP SAVING PHOTOS ON IPHONE:
There is nothing too complicated about stopping unnecessary bulk photos on iPhone. All you have to do is find the option in the WhatsApp settings and turn it off. To turn off this feature, you have to follow some steps:
- Unlock your phone and open your WhatsApp
- Go to WhatsApp settings by clicking on the gear icon, which is present at the bottom of the screen.
- After this, find the data and storage usage settings.
- Select the option of the media auto-download feature.
- In the next step, turn off the option for photos by clicking the button.
- In the end, go to the WhatsApp settings and select chats.
- Then disable the option of saving to the camera roll, and the images from your friends or groups will no longer save automatically to your iPhone.
TO STOP WHATSAPP SAVING PHOTOS ON ANDROID DEVICES:
This can also be done on Android devices. If you are an Android user, it is perfectly possible to turn off the autosave feature on WhatsApp. All you have to do is follow the below few steps.
- Unlock your device and run WhatsApp. You will see three dots at the top of the screen on your application.
- By clicking on those dots, you will find settings.
- Click on the option “Data and storage usage .”
- Look for the media auto-download option.
- This option has three more categories which are Wi-Fi, mobile data, and roaming. Select the option of your choice.
- Tap the appropriate option of your choice, and turn off the auto-download feature for photos or any other media
- In the end, go to the WhatsApp settings, where you will find the chats option; after this, turn off the media visibility
- Now your photos will not be saved on your device.
It is not a difficult task, all you have to do is to follow these steps, and it will become easier for you to turn off this feature. The steps are mentioned for both Android and iPhone users as well as for GB WhatsApp Pro. These options are available in other versions of WhatsApp, too, like GB Whatsapp, so you don’t need to worry about this matter.
Many WhatsApp users get frustrated when WhatsApp automatically downloads unwanted photos into their gallery. But, by following these easy steps, you will come to know how to stop WhatsApp from saving photos. Only you have to look for the specific option, and there you go, your problem is solved.