Google Drive backup is a storage location that has been extensively used across the globe. Moving on to a new smartphone, you want to carry all your data from WhatsApp with you. Google Drive is used for the backup of chat history and media files. This process is not complex or does not need any experience. The only condition is that you have the same phone number and Google account to restore the WhatsApp used to create the Google Drive backup.
One by one, a step in detail helps you to restore the WhatsApp backup from Google Drive. Make sure you go through the article, and it will be beneficial for you. Do not miss a single step; otherwise, it will create problems.
Step-by-Step Guide to Restoring the WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive on an Android Device
First, install WhatsApp from google Play Store. It will take a few seconds. Then tap on the WhatsApp option, and it will open.
Add your phone number. Remember that the phone number must be the same as the phone number you used to create the Google Drive.
Tap on the restore button to get all the media files and chat on WhatsApp.
The process of restoration will start on your Android devices. Wait for the completion.
After the process is complete, tap on the next option, and the backup will appear on your screen.
When the chat history is restored, it will follow the media files.
Restore Data from Local Backup
If you do not have Google Drive backup, WhatsApp, by default, restores all your data from a local backup file. But in the local backup, you need to transfer the data to your new phone. Local backups start automatically at 2:00 AM. People regain their chat or media files without any problem. Undoubtedly, It is a flawless and easy process.
But if you face any problem restoring your media files and chat history, it does not mean that you need a third party to do so. These problems can exist but can be fixed in different ways. The reasons for these problems are:
- Ensure that the Google account you are using on WhatsApp to back up your file and Google Drive is always the same.
- The phone number you used to restore the media files and chat on WhatsApp must be the same as the Google Drive backup.
- This process is available between Android devices. It will not apply to Apple users.
- Restoration will not happen on SD cards or chat history corrupt.
- There is no backup file available on Google Drive. If the issue is to create the Google Drive backup, there are different solutions to this problem.
- Check out that your phone has an active Google account. If not, make a new Google account.
- Make sure you have the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
- You also have stable cellular data to support both WhatsApp and Google Play services.
- Moreover, try a different network. Wi-Fi of high speed helps you to restore your WhatsApp backup.
Read Also :
If you are wandering how to back up your data, then this is the right place. Different steps help you to restore your WhatsApp backup from Google Drive. If you face any problem, you can get rid with the help of the solutions discussed above. The main problem that will happen to people is not the same phone number and Google account. So, be aware of this one and used a stable and high-quality network.